CRAVINGS: autumn fashion essentials
October always marks a big change in my wardrobe. While I spend the last days of September frantically holding on to Summer fashion, once the 10th month rolls around and pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks, I am willing to accept the new season. After all, new seasons can be fun! Recently, I have started wearing my favorite sweaters again, layered with cozy cardigans and scarves. I have traded my sandals and espadrilles for sneakers, and before you know it, we’ll be wearing faux fur coats and biker boots again.
Fall is a great time to put together some essentials to work as great basics for the colder season, which is why this week’s cravings are all about those autumn fashion must-haves!
- Hallhuber long cardigan: I bought this cardigan last year in November and it was by far one of the best investments! For those perfect autumn days with lots of sunshine, it is a great alternative to a coat or jacket – also available in black this year.
- Mango oversize scarf: Every year, Mango and Zara come out with these scarves, and every year I add one to my collection. This time around, I went for one with some red for a pop of color amidst all the black and gray during Fall and Winter.
- Velvet by Graham & Spencer striped shirt: During a trip to Munich in September, I stopped by theresa, the offline equivalent to mytheresa and found the most perfect, slightly oversized striped shirt. I have literally been living in the super soft shirt and can’t wait to get it in another color as well.
- Michael Kors sneakers: After years of craving the high-top sneakers by Jimmy Choo, I finally caved last year and haven’t regretted it since. They were in constant use last Fall, Winter & Spring, and I am currently thinking about investing in a second pair of high-top sneakers. Just in a lighter color this time around – like this pair by Michael Kors.
- Topshop camisole: Autumn is the best time of the year to layer like a pro. In order to be prepared for icy winds, as well as sunny Indian Summer days, it is always a good idea to wear a simple camisole underneath your sweaters. Black and white are the best options in my opinion.
Oh this scarf!! Indeed Zara and Mango are doing such a great job during this season!!
Wunderschöne Teile, die West und das Shirt gefallen mir sehr gut!
Liebe Grüße an dich
I love this cosy outfit! Cardigans and scarves are definitely my go to when I want to feel warm and snuggly. Love the tartan scarf, and really want to get one this year!
Absolutely adore your fall picks. I’m the same – September is all about wanting Summer to stay a little longer but once the clocks stricke October the 1st it’s fall/winter business.
Love cozy scarves and knits also <3
Ich kuschle mich momentan auch ständig in meinen Oversize-Scarf von Mango. ‘Tis the season 😉
Ganz tolle Sachen hast du ausgesucht.
Oooh der Schal ist toll! Habe mir auch erst kürzlich einen neuen zugelegt. So kuschelig und wird auch mal als Kuschelpulli missbraucht 😉
Grüße aus NYC,
Sonja l http://www.jointhesunnyside.de